Tuesday, March 15, 2016

The official story of Alianza Islamic

A few years ago I wrote an article about Alianza Islamica, one of the first US Latino Muslim organizations. I based my information almost entirely off of a 5 hour interview with Ibrahim Gonzalez, who has since that time passed away. Unfortunately, at that time I was unable to get interviews with any of the other founders of the AI. But just a few months ago, I was finally able to get in touch with Ramon Ocasio and Yahya Figueroa, and they informed me that several of the "facts" I had published about the AI were incorrect--and they felt a need to correct them. Yesterday, Mr. Ocasio published online a great essay that serves as that corrective.

See it here or here


Update 1/1/17. See also this recently posted video:


No comments:

Post a Comment