Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Muhammad Abdullah



Speaking of photos of people who are suspected of being W.D. Fard, I would like to bring up one issue. I put the following photo, which I found in an old newspaper, on my blog on December 6, 2011:



To my surprise, some people thought that this was Fard, and rumors started circulating. However, this is in fact a photo of Sayid Muhammad Wajih Gilani, a Turkish-born Muslim who briefly served as the Sheikh ul-Islam of the Philippines. Gilani visited the US in 1915 and died in May 1916.


I discuss him in briefly in my article on Satti Majid and in my book A History of Conversion to Islam in the United States, Vol. 1


Now, as far as new evidence about Fard's possible pre-NOI activities and identity, I certainly have not given up looking. And I believe I may have found something, but I won't post anything until I can verify it better.


In the meantime, you can always check out my article on Lucius Lehman, the Muslim "Mullah of San Quentin," who was probably very influential for San Quentin's Garveyite black prisoners in the 1920s, right before Wallace Ford started serving his sentence there.



5 comments:

  1. Nice pic, i have a few articles and info regarding pre NOI fard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muhammad Abdullah has been proven not to be fard Muhammad. But I'm interested in finding out just what happened to Fard. I believe there is a possibility that he was murdered 1934 . Other sources say he carried on is the SDOO well into the 40's. Researching this topic I always learn something new , but I've yet to uncover substantial evidence as to just what happened to W.D Fard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also I noticed in your work that you mentioned Givens-El (I can tell you did your research) There is a person who died in 1945 in Chicago , who was known as The Reincarnation of Noble Drew Ali. On the surface it seems like its Givens EL but when you read the description of this person in W.D Fards FBI document the description of this person organization seems to match Fard. I say this because they mentioned that his organization did not participate in the draft to my knowledge this is a unique distinction between NOI and the MSTA. The person was only known as the Reincarnation of Noble Drew which is a title that at some point belonged to both men.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I get into some of the similarities between the Givens-El group and the NOI in my book. BTW, I saw your other comment on my main page. Send me an email at pbowen303@gmail.com so we can chat.

      Delete